The official Smash Bros Tournament at Gamer’s Rhapsody will start on Saturday (time TBA).
Players can sign up on site at Gamer’s Rhapsody registration. Admission is required for all events at Gamer’s Rhapsody.
# < 16 1st: 65% 2nd: 35%
17 < # < 32 1st: 60% 2nd: 30% 3rd: 10%
33 < # < 48 (and higher) 1st: 55% 2nd: 27% 3rd: 13% 4th: 5%
- 2 stocks
- No items
- 6 minute time limit
- Double elimination bracket, each match is best of 3 games until Winner’s Finals, Loser’s Finals, and Grand Finals, all of which are best of 5
- All characters and DLC characters are legal, customs are banned
- Starter stages:
- Final Destination
- Town and City
- Counterpicks (can only be played on after the first game)
- Duck Hunt
- Lylat Cruise
- Other stages can only be played on if both players agree to it (gentleman’s)
- How stage striking will work:
- Characters chosen (can be blind picks if a player wishes, ask for TO)
- Rock paper scissors (winner of RPS is designated as Player 1)
- Player 1 strikes a Starter stage they do not want to play on
- Player 2 strikes two more stages
- Player 1 strikes one stage, and the remaining stage is where the first game will be played
- How counterpicking will work:
- Winner of previous game bans one stage from all stages, including Counterpicks
- Loser of previous game selects stage from remaining stages
- Winner selects character
- Loser selects character
- NOTE: You cannot select a stage you have previously won on in that set unless the other player consents. A bracket reset in Grand Finals refreshes all stages.
- In the event of a time-out (a game ends without a player’s stocks being eliminated) the player with the higher stock count, and then lower % if stock count is tied, is the winner of the game. If % is tied, a 4 minute, 1 stock game will be played on the same stage to break the tie.